FHAPHetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

12. Which RP ideas would you most like to take part in?

Idea for More Activity I_vote_lcap2%Idea for More Activity I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Idea for More Activity I_vote_lcap7%Idea for More Activity I_vote_rcap 7% [ 3 ]
Idea for More Activity I_vote_lcap4%Idea for More Activity I_vote_rcap 4% [ 2 ]
Idea for More Activity I_vote_lcap9%Idea for More Activity I_vote_rcap 9% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 45

Latest topics
» shrek 4 is better than hetalia.
Idea for More Activity EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 am by Wolpard

» June RP idea poll
Idea for More Activity EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 6:35 pm by BakaInuNinja

» Endless questions
Idea for More Activity EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm by Wolpard

» Dogs Vs Cats counting! 3!
Idea for More Activity EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm by Wolpard

» Baka's ... Brain AUs?
Idea for More Activity EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:15 am by BakaInuNinja

» Werewolves Vs. Vampires Discussion Thread
Idea for More Activity EmptySat May 30, 2015 6:24 pm by Blue Blood

» Eurovision song contest 2015
Idea for More Activity EmptySun May 24, 2015 1:41 am by BakaInuNinja

» Creepy short stories 0:
Idea for More Activity EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:16 pm by BakaInuNinja

» An Apology
Idea for More Activity EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:35 am by Wolfhiidan

» Kitsune, Huli Jing, and Kumiho Role Play
Idea for More Activity EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 1:08 pm by Blue Blood

» Group News
Idea for More Activity EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 2:52 pm by Wolpard

» DvsA redo again!
Idea for More Activity EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:23 am by BakaInuNinja

» Cat/Nekotalia Role Play
Idea for More Activity EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 am by BakaInuNinja

» Corrupt a wish
Idea for More Activity EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:50 am by Silverthewolf

» Share your FH Roleplays and chats!
Idea for More Activity EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:09 am by BakaInuNinja

» IDEAS PLS
Idea for More Activity EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 11:35 pm by Wolpard

» March RP idea poll
Idea for More Activity EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:14 pm by Heta

» Werewolves Vs Vampires RP update thread
Idea for More Activity EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:35 pm by Wolpard

» Kitsune, Huli Jing and Kumiho Info+Discussion thread
Idea for More Activity EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 am by Blue Blood

» Relative character ages project thing
Idea for More Activity EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 3:54 am by Wolpard

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Idea for More Activity

+2
BakaInuNinja
Blue Blood
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Idea for More Activity Empty Idea for More Activity

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:35 pm

This is not really a plot idea, but it is kind of a role play idea.

Activity in the group has been really low for a while now. We have tried to advertise on FH, but it is rare for people to actually stay. We also have our advertisement-group-thing on DA, but that has become inactive as well. I had an idea that to possibly regain more members. I thought that maybe we could make a role play group on tumblr or DA.

The group would not completely move to those sites. It would just be another place to role play, like that forums. We could set up the group and make character accounts to role play with. If you have more than one character, I suppose it would be up to the person if they want to make more than one character account. We could make rules for only those who are in the group can role play. For members who wish to join, they have to fill out a form like they do on the DA group we have. We could also possibly move some role plays that are meant for FH to the new group page that would be on one of those sites as well as try to link members back to the forums.

I mentioned the idea to Wolp and she did mention how people who have tried to join felt awkward because we were a close group of friends that new people could not fit into. This is true, but we have also gotten a lot smaller. There are not as many people for new members to get use to. Also, there is not really a set chat-system for tumblr or DA, like the one FH has. It would probably be more role playing than chatting, unless the members have a skype.

I originally suggested tumblr, but I know some people don't care too much for it and creating a group and character accounts there would be a new experience for everyone. I suggested tumblr because I assume that the Hetalia fandom is bigger there than it is compared to FH or DA. I don't really know for sure, this is just me assuming. And I don't know which site would be more active than the other.
I know that a lot of us have been busy lately. I also want to know if anyone wants to bother trying this or if they think they would be too busy. 

This is just an idea to try to get more members and more activity, since it has been a while since we have had either. We can also just stay with the forums and FH. I just don't know how else we can increase activity here if we still want to do that.

Pleasegivesomesortoffeedback, Ihadtotypethismessagetwicebecausemybrowserwentbackapageanddeletedtheoriginalmessage.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Idea for More Activity Empty Re: Idea for More Activity

Post by BakaInuNinja Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:41 pm

I think it sounds like a nice idea, and I'd like to have a go with it.
My only concern would be that It would... spread our group out more? Like we already have some members who prefer FH or prefer the forum which in essence means some characters aren't available to RP in some places. If we spread the RPing out over more places it could make that worse.
BakaInuNinja
BakaInuNinja
Star

http://baka-inu-ninja.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuklear-Bunnies Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:47 pm

I kinda like the idea. Especially because I am on DA all the time, but usually forget to check here. By now FH doesn't really work in my Laptop anymore, I get a lot of lag and stuff. I feel really bad because I'm not as active, and DA would solve the problem.
Nuklear-Bunnies
Nuklear-Bunnies
City

http://nuklear-bunnies.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:51 pm

I think we would just continue what we already do and keep certain role plays to only one place. Honestly, I think FH is the most inactive place where we role play. Probably because it is not just making a quick post like you could do on the forums and that's it. It's a chat system where you have to log on and stay there to see posts. Also, FH does not always work for some people on their computers.
I guess we would just have to ask and see who would like to do this and who would not and if too many people say they would rather not, then I guess we won't do it or try to figure something out. But then, we also don't actually have that many members who actually role play currently, so it might not be too bad. Maybe.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Heta Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:10 pm

I think making a roleplay group on another site is a good idea- ButlikeBakasaidmightbedifficult. I'm not too active on the game, since if I'm online I usually have to move my laptop so it doesn't overheat which tends to get annoying, and I just prefer being on sites rather than the gameee.
Heta
Heta
Space station

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't really think we can do too much with the activity on FH. It does not always work for people's computers, and for some people, even if it does work it is really finicky. Also, we can't get any new members who don't already have FH accounts, since there are no open sign ups. 
As sad as it may seem, FH might become obsolete for the group if only a few of us continue to go on. It might be best to try to look for other things if we want to keep the group going.

We could always try to find another game. I know there are a couple of Impressive Title remakes. There are other things too that I can't recall right now.
Rightnowlet'scontinuethediscussionofaroleplaygrouponanothersitethoughbeforetalkingaboutthat.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by BakaInuNinja Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 pm

I have thought that too, and like Heta I've grown to prefer RPing in places other than FH. And the main thing I think is that the group is called 'FHAPH' and what would we do with the 'FH' bit of that- Actually also there is Usa who only seems to like to RP on FH?

But yes back to the original idea, It does sound good to try some time and certainly would help the group get more attention.
BakaInuNinja
BakaInuNinja
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Usa said she would make an account on another site if we go with this idea. She would also probably move to another game if we do move and her computer allows it. Her main thing with the forums is that we almost always used paragraph-style role play and she does not like that style. And, for when it was active, she could not keep up with the posts.
For the name, we can keep it for now since we aren't leaving FH yet. We can also keep the name, since that is where the role play started. If we go to another game, I guess we can always rename it using the name for the new game.

I think it would be good to try. I guess from look at the other posts, people would prefer DA to tumblr. 
I have only been in one role play group on tumblr, so I don't really know how it works, but Baka, Nuk, and Heta have been in role play groups, so they might know how to work it.
To keep "group" role plays though and not only have it as one on one with personal messages, maybe role plays could be through comments on journals that set up the plot or story? Also, I know there is a chat system on DA we could use as well, but maybe those could be used for event role plays or something.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Heta Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:13 pm

I know some groups tend to have chats, often multiple for roleplaying and OOC. This is on dA, though. And there are often specific dates when everyone can just pop into a chat at once for an entire group activity/event, OOC or IC.
I'd suggest not using comments too muchhh thouuughhhh, unless it's allowed in an area. Over-using comments tend to get annoying, especially to the creator of the location they're RPing at.
Heta
Heta
Space station

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:24 pm

LikeIsaidIdon'treallyknowhowroleplaygroupsonDAwork
I just think there should be something to keep actual group role playing
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by BakaInuNinja Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:27 pm

Mhmm. Most dA-based RP groups do well because they have lots of members, so things like having their own various RP chatrooms and comment-based RPs in journals/on deviation starters are more reasonable. I'm mainly thinking of the Non-Hetalia based RP groups though, I know how it is in KrosFox of course, and have followed a good couple of other groups on dA too. I don't think we'd really need a chatroom because as far as I know pretty much all of us use skype so if we wanted to do something like that, Skype would work equally well if not better.

And in response to your comments thing, Heta. One of us could make a general 'Group Account'(As in, a regular dA account, not a group) on dA, and that could be where we post journals/RP starters from. So there isn't one person who is getting their main account spammed with RP posts.
BakaInuNinja
BakaInuNinja
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Each role play group is different, but I think they all work in the same basic way.
Making a general group account could work. Maybe a few of us could have the username and password, so taking care of it does not fall upon only one person.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by BakaInuNinja Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:45 pm

I think, anyway, this topic has sparked a couple of things that we could perhaps do polls about to see people's opinions on things.
BakaInuNinja
BakaInuNinja
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:48 pm

I guess we can go ahead and make some polls.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolpard Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Well, if you want to spark the interest of the Hetalia RP community on dA, we're going to have to make individual RP accounts who are willing to RP with just about anybody (like my two, which I'd probably use for group stuff if we go through with the dA idea). My main suggestion would be opening a dA group through one of the accounts. All the active members should be Co-Founders (except for the one founder of course) so everyone has the ability to edit and post the same amount of stuff once given the permission to.

That way we would be within the dA RP community, but we'll get our own special events for our group (like our tinychats and movie nights- perhaps we can make up new events too?).

The only issue is, most of dA RPs are one-on-one and the only way, I think, to do group RPs in a non-messy way is in a chat? People usually RP in comments that are posted on their own dA page (RP account wise). Notes too, mainly for gore and sexual stuff.

As for starters go, people usually post their own starters in their own journal.

A lot of RP accounts are pretty independent, though I've seen people create groups of them where they have their own special group events and stuff. But other than that, you have to be able to keep up your account and be willing to RP even just a little bit with outsiders- unless you post a rule stating otherwise. But if you don't except outside RPs, things can get a bit slow, because like I said, most of it would have to be one-on-one anyway.
Wolpard
Wolpard
Solar System

http://SnowWolpard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BakaInuNinja Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:33 pm

ene That's the main thing that put me off making a RP account though. Otherwise I'd love one- I just don't like the idea of RPing with any random people. 

Plus don't forget we'll still have our forum so I wouldn't care about it being 'slow' on a RP account, because we always have something to reply to on here. They way you're saying it, it's making it sound s if we'd be completely moving so the whole group was RP account only, but really we'd just be using the dA accounts as another interesting way to interact.

Me and Blue were talking about it being optional if individually we want to accept RPs with non-members, and we'd state it in the account tag line.
BakaInuNinja
BakaInuNinja
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverthewolf Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:36 pm

As a person who is on multiple groups on tumblr and used to actively roleplay on DA, I'd have to say that both work really well. Of course it can be difficult for some, and I understand that completely.

Personally, since school started I haven't been able to be really active. (Though FH does still work for me, and I still have my FHAPH presets in wip assdf) But I do get on tumblr and DA all the time, so it may be a good idea.
Plus I love customizing DA pages asdsd.
Silverthewolf
Silverthewolf
Super Power

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:54 pm

I know most DA (and Tumblr I assume) role plays are one on one. That is why I suggested the journal starters and role plays being in comments or using the DA chat system. People could also have their one on ones, too. 
I would suggest though, if people want to role play a certain plot that might be a group plot, that the two people tell an admin or something about what happened in their role play if there was any important information, the same way we were trying to do with FH role plays.

We could also possibly make a role play chat thing on skype? Used only for role playing, but limiting it to only one or two plots at a time to avoid confusion.

I don't mind it being slow either. Idon'treallywanttotalktotoomanypeopleoutsideofthegroup. I think, if we want to have role plays outside of the group, that would be up to each individual. That goes for new members who would join as well. We would just have to make a rule that role plays outside of the group do not pertain to role plays inside the group. (Such as if someone has open role plays in and out of the group, if they are in a relationship with another character outside of the group, they cannot be in the same relationship inside of the group unless the other person playing that character agrees to it.)

Also, I don't know how much of an issue this would be, but we should try to make sure that the role plays are mixed with script and paragraph style. The forums was supposed to be mixed, but it is mostly paragraph except for the In-character-chatter. I know some prefer one to the other. I personally don't mind using either, but sometimes I don't want to make a long, detailed post for a paragraph role play and sometimes I want more detail.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolpard Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 pm

You should be able to rule out random people who aren't in the group. The tagline thing may also work if you write "FHAPH RPs Only" or something.

My main thing is I'd have to restart my relations to fit the group, and I dunno if people would feel bad if I took them out. Though, I don't talk to them as much as you guys and I'm sure they wouldn't mind nearly as much if I was switching my accounts over to be mainly group based.

I'd still be having out-of-group RPs though, and I never really force RPs into the same verse anyway. (Actually, most people don't, seeing as most RP accounts are even multi-ship accounts.)

And most RP accounts do both script and lit anyway.
Wolpard
Wolpard
Solar System

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolpard Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Also, people willing to RP out of the group could be good advertising tools, and get people used to members before they join if they are planning on joining.
Wolpard
Wolpard
Solar System

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:25 pm

If you think people would be that upset over it, you could make a new account. Thoughyousayyourcurrentaccountisinactiveandyoudon'treallytalktopeopleanyway.

If people want to keep their role plays open for non-group members, I think that is fine as long as guidelines are present. We will just have a tagline on our profiles like Wolp said.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolpard Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Nah I think it would be fine.
The only person I'm really friends with that would have to be taken off is an Italy account, and she gets a lot of attention anyway and I'm sure it would be fine. And she's pretty understanding about stuff. I'dstillbeabletoRPwithotheraccountsabittoo. And then Hiidan is also on my list but she can stay because of group stuff.

Lol plus I wanna see how you guys make yer accounts look.
Wolpard
Wolpard
Solar System

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverthewolf Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Aah I like these ideas FffWolpIwouldn'tgetmadatall;u;andIdon'tthinkanyonewouldeither. I'm sorry that i don't have much to add, but if you need any help I can try to see what I can do ;w;.
Silverthewolf
Silverthewolf
Super Power

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Idon'tknowhowtomakeprofilesonDA-
Minewillprobablylooklikeshit.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down